The Finalist for Best PDA GPS
There really was only one competitor that rose head and shoulders above the rest in the category of wrist gps devices. Our one and only finalist, and winner — Garmin Forerunner 201
Garmin Forerunner 201 — The BEST GPS The Forerunner 201 offers athletes an easy-to-read display, ergonomic wristband, and integrated GPS sensor that provides precise speed, distance, and pace data. It's a compact, lightweight, accurate training assistant with performance tracking, auto-lap, auto-pause and more. The Forerunner 201 is easy to use right out of the box and delivers the benefits of GPS technology at an affordable price.
Where to Buy Garmin Forerunner 201 Online
Working out with the Forerunner 201 means you're never alone in your personal
training, because the unit provides a Virtual Partner™. This unique feature allows you to set your training goal by configuring your Virtual Partner's pace and workout distance. You'll get a graphic perspective of your performance by viewing your pace in relation to your Virtual Partner's pace, so you can always see at a glance if you're keeping up or falling behind.
- GPS sensor provides precise latitude, longitude, and altitude data for exact location information.
- Mark specific locations, and then look-up and navigate to these points using an electronic map.
- Retrace your steps to a starting point or reverse your normal route for routine variation.
- Amount of calories burned can be tracked and calculated over the course of a workout.
- Lap history—such as lap time, lap distance, and average pace—can be stored for up to two years.
- Performance data can be automatically archived and calculated to provide an accurate record.
- Automated stopwatch provides auto-lap and auto-pause features.
- Lap timer indicates when a certain speed is reached or when you've fallen below a pre-set level.
- Pace whistle sounds alert when you begin traveling slower or faster than your desired pace.
- Distance whistle sounds when you reach a specified duration or distance in your workout.
- Download free Garmin software to transfer data from your Forerunner 201 to your PC for storage and analysis.
It's almost Dick Tracy time when you can wear a wrist device that will pinpoint your exact location, measure your heartrate and direct you where to go all at the same time. These devices are smaller than the palm of your hand - they attach to your wrist like a watch.